North East Unveiled, one of the signature campaigns of Alcheringa, IIT Guwahati which aims to promote the shared identity and culture that this part of country shares with other part of the nation, by showcasing videos and posters the rich and diverse food and travel destinations and by running campaigns to remove stereotypes from the minds of general people about this part of country.
North East Unveiled hosts NE Expo during festival Alcheringa every edition. In association with the Directorate of Sericulture, Ministry of Tribal Affairs and NEZCC, The North Eastern Expo 2018 under north East Unveiled stood apart from its previous editions. With performances coming from different parts of the region, including a unique folktale performance from “The Wari” from “Octaves Foundation” and the all amazing “Tetseo Sisters” from Nagaland.
Moreover North East Social Summit under the umbrella of North East Unveiled provides a platform for brainstorming, creating awareness and making India more informed of the social problems that North East India face.
With North East Social Summit, we aim confluence of young minds with experience. We wish to serve as a platform to encourage the torch bearers of social innovation in the region as well as to create awareness about the issue being addressed. We will have Social Innovators, young minds as students, researchers as well as people directly working on resolving the issue and the government officials at the same platform, making it a great place of innovation.
Summit is planned to address different issues every year, and aim to make India more aware of the region.
Human trafficking poses as one of the greatest threat to human rights across the globe. But alarmingly North East India is becoming the hot spot of human trafficking from all corner of the globe. We aim to create awareness as well as provide a platform for brainstorming and giving rise to better solutions and outcomes which are planned to be submitted as a Report of Summit to the Government of Assam so that the best solutions reaches the decision makers.
Indian Police Service (IPS).
Inspector General of Police (IGP)
Crime Investigation Department (CID) Assam
Nodal officer Anti-Human trafficking unit Assam
Founder Impulse NGO Network that raises awareness and fights the problem of human trafficking; and Impulse Social Enterprises, that helps create sustainable livelihood and eliminate one of the key triggers for human trafficking.
Recipient of the Most Powerful Women in Business – Impact Award, 2017, in the Social Business category, announced by Business Today, of the India Today Group.
1. Chairperson NEDAN Foundation Assam.
2. Committed worker for the protection of children and trafficking of women and girls. He has work substantially in India as a advocate and social activist.
3. Chief Minister’s Best Community Action Award for Development.
4. Felicitated by Late. Abdul Kalam Azad during his presidentship.
1. Founder of UTSAH.
2. Is one of the youngest child rights practitioners in the Northeast of India.
3. Was awarded with the Acumen India Fellowship in 2017.
4. Got selected for the New Generation Seminar in 2012.
5. Member of the Child Protection Committee and the Child Labour Task Force Committee (Kamrup-M) of the Government of Assam.
1. Editor-In-Chief, Nandini , a leading women's magazine in Assamese
2. Assamese female writer and TV personality
Ph. D: Women Trafficking in Assam
1. ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
2. MA (Gauhati) PhD (NEHU)
3. Gender Geography, Women's Studies
1. Director Impulse NGO Network
2. Former Member-Child Welfare Committee in East Khasi Hills
“Gauhati High Court Acting Chief Justice, Arup Kumar Goswami, urges the legal services authority and NGOs to isolate the pockets where trafficking is taking place and create general awareness which in turn will perhaps reduce human trafficking to some extent”
Economic Times (September 23, 2018)